Did you ever feel a void inside you????you are being sad ,being in deep sorrow and that is not letting you live the way you want????then probably this killer condition has taken full control over you!!!
The crier of sadness ,the moments of self pain ,the time of realization,that you are worth nothing but just a game.
The feeling of discomfort,the emotional weakness,
Feeling to take more pain,or just finishing yourself to the end,
The cause of fatigue,the cause of irritation,
difficult to concentrate,nothing seem to be good in our brains.
Hopelessness is killing the self human being,
It doesn’t see age,gender or time to pull you in it’s range
Giving you slow death is it’s ultimate aim.
It comes with frustration,sorrow,sadness,loneliness and a tons of feeling of pain,
DEPRESSION is it’s real name.
In a developing country like India where Depression is not even considered a lethal health condition ,has topped the charts for being the leading cause of deaths,quite whimsical!!!!!
It victimizes the teenagers easily as it’s the period of introspection where we lack self confidence within ourselves,We face a lot of rejection,pain in our mundane life which changes our outlook towards life.Many a times we never realize that we are battling depression and need medical assistance.This topic is very close to my heart as it changed my outlook towards life and didn’t realize that it had taken over me until i started my first year at college.
How Do we Hide It???
1.We often use humor to cover up your pain. We make self-deprecating jokes about how you don’t have any friends and about how you want to die. But no one realizes that you’re serious, because you always say it with a smirk on your face and it continues.
Depression needs to be opened up!!!!
2. You often make excuses when people ask about you. If someone tells you that you look like crap, you won’t admit that you’ve been under severe stress. You’ll say that you’ve just been tired. Or that your allergies have been bothering you or something else.
3.You sometimes tell yourself you’re overreacting. You don’t want to complain to your friends about your life, because you’re worried you sound like a brat. Like a baby. Like an entitled little bitch.
4.You leave a miniature trail of your depression. You repost articles about heartbreak and breakups and death. You listen to music about suicide and self-harm. But no one reads too much into it.
5. You keep your emotions up to yourself. You write out lengthy text messages for friends and exes, but delete them before sending. Then you write melancholy lyrics and slam poetry, but you never post them online. You keep your feelings to yourself, even though they’re begging to be released into the world.
6. You basically aren’t a stereotype. You don’t walk around in all black clothing and thick eyeliner. You wear bright colors and keep your hair brushed and your body fit. The way you look on the outside doesn’t match how you feel on the inside
7. My favorite one where you look happy online. You upload gorgeous selfies and post statuses about all the parties you’ve been attending. You seem happy and successful online, so everyone assumes that means you’re happy as hell.This is something with which i can relate to very much.
8. You everytime refuse to see a therapist. You know you need one. You know it would help. But you don’t have the money or the time or the willpower to actually visit one. So you suffer alone without letting anyone know.
9. You casually talk about tragedies. When you actually open up about your issues, you act like they’re no big deal. Like they don’t make a difference to you. Like you haven’t been crying over them every night for a week.
10. With time you’ve learned how to lie well. If someone asks why you didn’t answer their texts or attend class, you don’t let them know it was because you spent the entire day in bed. You tell them you were out having the time of your life.
11. You have started keeping secrets.You engage in self-destructive behaviors, you do it on your own time. No one realizes that you’ve been getting drunk every night after work or have been having unprotected sex with strangers, because you keep it to yourself.
12. You sometimes cry alone. When you’re upset in public, you’ll find a private bathroom to bawl your eyes out in. And before you leave, you’ll splash your face with water and adjust your make-up. Your friends won’t even know the difference when they see you again.
13. You seem to be fully functional. You still work. You still eat. You still sleep. You still see your friends. You do everything a twenty-something should be doing, so no one realizes anything is out of the ordinary.
How Face It???
Small steps,big impact!!
Depression drains your energy, leaving you feeling empty and fatigued. This can make it difficult to muster the strength or desire to seek treatment.However, there are small steps you can take to help you feel more in control and improve your overall sense of well-being.
Depression the silent killer is common. It affects millions of people, including some in your life. You may not realize they face similar challenges, emotions, and obstacles.
Every day with this disorder is different. It’s important to take your mental health seriously and accept that where you are right now isn’t where you’ll always be.
The way to self-treatment for depression is to be open, accepting, and loving toward yourself and what you’re going through.
Not showing your feelings and emotions may seem like a strategic way to cope with the negative symptoms of depression. But this technique is unhealthy.
If you’re having a down day, have it. Let yourself feel the emotions — but don’t stay there.
You can opt for writing,singing or dancing about what you’re experiencing. Then, when the feelings lift, write about that, too.
Remember today’s mood, emotions, or thoughts don’t belong to tomorrow.
If by chance you were unsuccessful at getting out of bed or accomplishing your goals today, remember that you haven’t lost tomorrow’s opportunity to try again.
4.Try Something New
For example from my personal point of view i feel going through inspirational quotes and inspirational speeches by delegates from all over the world can help change your mental condition.Harness your energy into something positive like doing social work.Trust me being somebody’s reason to smile cannot be expressed in words.